Can we use iMessage on our Windows PC and Android device? We believe that most of the windows and android users are there who want to take advantage of the iMessage app, which is specially developed for iPhones in their other devices.
But you all must have tried to search a way with the help of which you can download and install iMessage for PC and other devices such as Android. Hence this is the reason we are here, as we are going to discuss methods with the help of which you can install and use iMessage on PC and Android devices efficiently. Using this guide you can immediately join the iMessage Party.
How to Download iMessage on PC?
Apple has made it extremely simple for all the iOS users to carry forward efficient messaging with the help of iMessage. By having a look at a great efficiency of iMessage more of the people want to take advantage of this application on their PC systems and if you are one of those persons then do follow this section till the end.
Here we are going to have a look at one of the best and reliable ways to use iMessage on PC, and for doing so, we would be using a free emulator that can help you give an iOS feel to your PC and hence you can install iMessage on your system easily.
But using a free emulator is not the only way, and there are many more such methods to use iMessage remotely on your pc system, let us have a look at all those ways to use iMessage on PC.
Method 1: Using Chrome Remote Desktop
The first and most natural way with the help of which you can have access to your iMessages from a window or Linux system is by using chrome’s remote desktop extension with the help of which you can get connected with your Apple device easily from your Windows or Linux system. Once you have set up this extension successfully, then you would be able to have access to your iMessage app remotely. This method is the most appropriate one for you if you are using google chrome on your Windows or Linux systems. Along with that, it’s easy to use also.
Step #1: You need an iPhone for this and a PC with a Windows operating system.
Step #2: Download: Chrome Remote Desktop and Google Chrome browser on both the devices.
Step #3: Now set up the Remote Desktop app on the Windows PC.
Step #4: Use the authentication code to link your Windows PC to the iPhone.
Note: Chrome Remote Desktop lets you access another computer via Chrome browser. Besides, you can easily access your apps and files securely.
Once connected you can easily access iMessage that is installed on your iPhone onto your windows PC.
Method 2: Using Free Emulator
In case if you are having a modern computer which means a system with high specs, then using a free emulator would be the most appropriate choice for you. You can search for an efficient iOS emulator for windows online and can download it.
While if you are trying to find one of the best iOS emulators, then iPadian is the option for you. You would be able to download it directly from the official website of this application and can install it directly from there in your system.
Once you have installed it successfully, then you would have to look for an iMessage app and then sign in. With the help of these steps, you would be able to use iMessage app on your PC with iPadian application. Although we can say that the emulator is not the best, you would be able to access iMessage easily from using this free emulator.
How to Install Apple’s iMessage App on Windows PC Using iPadian 2
Step #1: Download iPadian from the link given above and install the downloaded .exe file on your Windows PC.
Step #2: Run the emulator, and complete the installation process.
Step #3: Now search for iMessage in the search bar and download the messaging app.
Step #4: Setup and complete the signup process to activate the iMessage on your Windows.
And once everything is set up enjoy your experience of iMessage on your Windows PC using the ipadian emulator.
Method 3: iOS Notifications
This method is specially designed for those who just wanted to get real-time notifications of iMessage app on their Windows or Linux PC, and you would be able to do so with the help of Pushbullet. It is a lightweight solution that can be useful for you to connect your iOS device to your PC.
This solution for all those users who have a window or Linux system and want to get all the notifications of iMessages on their system. You would be able to send files, chat, and can do many more such things with this system application.
This was all about the ways with which you can use iMessage app on your Windows or Linux system. You can select any of the option as mentioned above and get started with them to use the iMessage app on your system efficiently.
Method 4: Jailbreak Your iPhone
Here we have the next option in the list with the help of which you would be able to access iMessage app and many more such Apple-based applications on your Windows or Linux system and can work with those applications remotely.
Now you all must be thinking about how you can jailbreak your iPhone. So it is a bit complex work, but if you follow all the steps listed below properly, then you would be able to use your iMessage app remotely on your Windows or Linux system.
Here is the list of steps you need to follow for jailbreaking your iPhone and using iMessage on other systems.
- In the first step, you would have to head towards a developer who can help you jailbreak your iPhone. It is a difficult task, so make sure you take help from professionals only. Once you have got the jailbreak, then you would have to use an application that will help you in remotely accessing iMessage app and other such applications from other systems.
- You would have to install the Cydia app; this is a specific directory that can help you in building a directory of applications. In case if you do not have a jailbroken device, then you would not be able to use the Cydia app in your iPhone as its made for jailbreak devices only.
Moreover, there are several people out there who think that jailbreak will not affect their iPhone at all, but if you are also having this thought in your mind, then you are wrong. As with the use of jailbreaking your device, you would not be able to take advantage of Apple warranty, or you can never get your device fixed directly from Apple.
- Once you have installed Cydia then within this application, you will find a special feature known as Remote Messages. This is a web-based user interface which means you can get it downloaded on your iPhone and on the PC where you want to open iMessages. In case if you have such thought in your mind that you would not be able to use it, then you would not have to worry about it as the app will offer you instructions and by following them, you can get started with this application.
- Hence, at last, you would be able to open iMessage, use the application and can do many more such stuff.
Using the Cydia app is not like any other regular application, as you must have noticed that for using any regular application, you just click on it and start using it. But for opening or using Cydia on your PC systems you would have to open Cydia in your web browser and then fill IP address and Server port number, so whenever you are getting started with this application make sure that you are aware of your IP address and server port number. Its a tidy process but it works well once you do it.
How can we use iMessage on Android?
Here we have come to the last section of our post, and in this section, we are going to have a look at the ways with the help of which we can use iMessage on Android. Although most of the people out there think that there are no such ways with the help of which we can use iMessage on Android, but here we are going to have a look at some of the ways with the help of which you can use iMessage on Android.
Let us have a look at some of those ways to use iMessage on Android:
Method 1: weMessage (The Android version of iMessage)
The first way in the list with the help of which you can use iMessage on Android is by using weMessage. But before heading forward with this method here are some requirements you should have with you, in case if you want to use iMessage on Android with weMessage.
You should have an iMessage account and an Apple ID because for accessing your iMessage from Android you would need this ID. The next requirement you would need is a Mac and make sure you have a Java 7 or higher version installed on your Mac. Along with these, you should also need an Android phone.
weMessage is an exceptionally well built and smart application with the help of which you would be able to use iMessage app on your android device. But configuring this application is a bit tricky, so if you want to take advantage of this application for using iMessage on your device then make sure to follow all the listed-below steps to configure weMessage:
- In the first step, you would have to make sure that you have installed Java on your Mac. You would have to open it.
- With the second option, you would have to download the weMessage program on your Mac. Once you have installed this app, then you need to click on run.command file for launching this application.
- Right after opening it, you would have to enter the email address that you have used with iMessage. In the next section, they will ask you the password, so you need to enter the password.
- With these steps, you would be able to setup weMessage app on your Mac. In the next step, you would have to download this application on your Android from Google Play store.
- After installation launch this application and allow all the permissions and tap on continue.
- Now the only thing you are left with is to connect your Mac iMessage app to your Android’s weMessage application and for doing so you would have to fill your Mac’s IP address that you can find easily from the settings corner of your Mac.
- Once you have filled your IP address in your weMessage Android app, then you would have to fill your iMessage email address and password with the help of which you would be able to login to your iMessage account.
- Once you have done these steps, then you are ready to use iMessage on your Android with the help of weMessage application.
But, here’s one instruction you need to know, and that is, this application will only work when your Mac and Android device both are connected to the same wireless network.
Method 2: Using iMessage on Android paired with a MacOS system- Airmessage
Airmessage is an app that replicates the iMessage experience on your MacOS and your Android smartphone. The process is a bit complex and it involves using your mac machine as a server to route the messages through it. This will allow you to use iMessage on your system officially with just a few steps that you need to perform for setting this all up for this first time.
Step #1: Setup the Airmessages app on your Mac system and set up the server on your machine. The process is easy and can be done in less than 5 minutes.
Step #2: Once all is done, you need to make sure that the mac system is up and running all the time and is connected to a stable internet connection at all times. Next, Nothing, It’s all done now.
Now you can use iMessage on your Android smartphone using the Airmessage app, the Mac machine does all the processing and hard work and you can enjoy the iMessage experience
All About iMessage for PC: How to get it?
iMessage is one of the most prominent instant messaging applications, and Apple has developed this app, exclusive to Apple devices only. With the help of this messaging application, you would be able to send text, pictures, videos, music files, and location to anyone easily within no time.
All Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch have the support of iMessage, and the company keeps on updating the application so that the users can take advantage of exceptional instant messaging user experience.
You all must be thinking that what’s so different with the iMessage app because of which it is considered as one of the best instant messaging apps. In case if you have such thoughts in your mind, then let us tell you that it’s the features of iMessage that makes it different from other messaging applications. Although this instant messaging app is filled with numerous features, here we are going to have a look at some of the most important features that can help you use iMessage in an easily accessible and productive way.
- iMessage is a feature-rich messaging app and some of the unique features are such as RCS Messages, Memojis, Voice Messages, Stickers, read receipts for specific contacts, forward message settings, and many more.
- The next feature you will get with iMessage is that you can easily backup iMessages on iCloud. This means if you want to switch between iPhones, then you just need to have your iCloud account based on which you will get access to the messages easily.
- In case if you are unaware of the steps to backup all your iMessages on iCloud, then you just need to open Settings and right after that tap your name. Once you have followed these steps, then move to iCloud settings and click on the Messages option. With the help of this menu, you would be able to easily backup your iMessages on iCloud.
- If you want to add more security features in your iMessage app, then you would be able to do so by hiding your message alerts with the help of which no one would be able to read your messages, and hence you can keep everything private. Not only that you will also get features like blocking messages and numbers from the iMessage app so that you never receive any kind of text or anything from those particular blocked numbers.
- One of the biggest features that you will get with the iMessage app is the native Apple Pay support, with the help of which you can easily make payments directly from your iMessage app. For taking advantage of this feature, you would have to fill details of your debit cards and need to link them with your instant messaging app.
Moreover, once this feature is turned on then, whenever a payment work will arise within iMessage, then you would be able to pay directly through this messaging app without moving out of the chatbox and opening another application.
- Here we have the next most loved feature, and that is turning your iMessages into the latest version. With this feature, several additions would be made in the app. Some changes are as follows:
- Bubble and screen effects for your individual messages with the help of which you can get a better & interactive UI.
- You would be able to drag and drop stickers from packs to photos directly or in your messages.
- You would be able to send Memoji and AniMoji in chats.
- iMessage has their own image search option that can offer you the best possible GIFs to send to the chatting person.
- You would be able to set up a memoji profile, with the help of which you can create personalized memoji and send them through iMessage for filling out different situations.
- One of the most favorite features of iMessage app is that you would be able to give specialized permissions to particular persons for read receipts. With the help of which only permission granted persons would be able to have a look at if you have checked the messages or not. In case if the read receipts option is turned off, then neither you nor they would be able to have a look at the message reading option.
There are many more such features you can take advantage of with the use of iMessage, but the above-mentioned are some of the most important ones.
Till now we had a look at a short introduction of the iMessage app and its features, in the coming section we are going to have a look at how we can use iMessage on PC and Android devices.
Alternatives to iMessage
Here is the list of Best alternatives to iMessage:
1. Facebook Messenger
The first option in the list of best alternatives to iMessage is a Facebook messenger, although a lot of people must be thinking that this messenger can only be used for discussions with your Facebook friends. But now, with the latest update, you would be able to use Facebook Messenger as your regular SMS or Instant messaging app too.
One of the most popular Facebook Messenger features is the chat heads support, with the help of which you would be able to get a small chat head over your screen. You can click on it anytime to chat with the person, along with that it also makes it easier to operate other applications while chatting.
2. Telegram Messenger:
The next option in the list is Telegram, and this instant messaging app has become popular within a short time interval. Moreover, this is an excellent alternative to iMessage; it also supports web client features with the help of which you would be able to use Telegram messenger on any user platform easily.
With this instant messaging app, you would be able to take advantage of impressive stickers and other such graphical content that you can share with your contacts.
3. Kik Messenger:
Here is the third option in the list of best alternatives to iMessage, and with the help of this messenger, you would be able to add new users based on their username. Moreover, you will find one feature relatable with iMessage: you can use Kik Messenger directly with the help of your email ID. Along with all such features, you can even take advantage of video calls and third-party app integrations.
4. WhatsApp Messenger
We are sure that you already must be using WhatsApp Messenger, and you would be happy to know that it’s considered one of the best alternatives to iMessage. With the help of this messenger, you would be able to send messages, voice calls, and video calls to someone from your contact list.
5. Signal Private Messenger:
We have our last option on the list, and that is Signal Private Messenger, which is also an effective alternative to iMessage. With the help of this option, you can send messages efficiently and can get in touch with your contacts without any issues at all.
Here we have come to the end of this post in which we discussed everything about iMessage app, not only that along with such things we had a look at the features you would be able to take advantage of iMessage. In the next section of this post, we have a look at some ways with the help of which we can use it on PC and Android devices.