iMessage is one such application with the help of which you can take advantage of exceptional instant messaging user experience. Moreover, this instant messaging app is currently available for Apple devices only, and no android or other such platform can use iMessage.
This instant messaging app offers several features and hence its the reason why people have a concern about the data usage of iMessage. In case if you are one of those people then do follow this post till the end, as here we are going to have a look at “How much data does iMessage use?”
How much data does iMessage use?
iMessage does not use much data even after hours of usage. Moreover, if you have a smaller data plan, then also you will never face any kind of higher data usage issues with iMessage.
If we have a look at the plain text data usage of iMessage, we would be able to notice that, for such messages, it does not use any data at all(for single plain messages), while if we are chatting on iMessage by using various forms of content and other such things, then it will use a bit of data.
We found in research between few regular iMessage app users that their whole year’s data usage of iMessage was near about 1GB only.
How to check iMessage data usage?
In case if you want to have a look at how much data your iMessage app uses, then these are the steps listed below:
- In the first step, you need to open the Settings of your iOS device.
- From the Settings menu, click on the Cellular tab.
- Then move to System Services by scrolling down the menu.
- At the top of System Services, you would be able to find Messaging Services, and besides that, they would have told you the total data usage of your iMessage app.
Although we are sure that the total data usage by your iMessage app would not be that high, but still if you are thinking to reduce the data usage then below are some tips that will help you in data saving for iMessage.
Data saving tips for iMessage:
Here are some data saving tips for your iMessage app:
- You can try to limit the number of pictures and videos you can send. With the help of which you will always have a track on your data usage.
- You can turn on the Low-quality image mode from the Settings of your iMessage application. With this tip, you will download all the images in low quality and less in size that will help you save data.
- Whenever you are having access to a WiFi network, at that time, you should stop using your cellular data and connect your iOS device with WiFi. This will also help you save a lot of data.
Moreover, whenever you are connected with a WiFi network, you can download all the pending media files.
Although there are many more such tips to save data for iMessage, but above-mentioned are some of the most efficient ones.