Are you having some problems sending and receiving messages via iMessage app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac? If you said yes, then do follow this post till the end, as here we are going to discuss everything about this iMessage not working error, and along with that, we will discuss how to fix iMessage not working error.
In this post, we would be looking at some causes of iMessage not working, and along with that, we will have a look at easy solutions for all those issues.
Why is iMessage not working?
There are numerous reasons because of which you can face iMessage not working error, let us have a look at some of those reasons:
- The first and most faced issue because of which you can face iMessage, not working error, and that is when the iMessage app server is down. This usually happens when either there are some network issues or huge traffic takes place on the app suddenly.
But if you can notice that iMessage is down, you would still be able to use this instant messaging application, and the receiver will get the messages sent from your side. In case if the condition gets worse and you are unable to send messages, then you would have to click on the option “Send as text” with which you would be able to send your message as text message easily.
- iMessage can show you not working errors when you have a bad or no internet connection. So you should make sure that your internet connection is having 3g or 4g availability.
In case if you are unaware of how your internet connection is performing, then you can directly head towards Safari and can have an idea related to your internet connectivity.
If you believe you have a good internet connection, but still you are facing this iMessage not working issue, then you should try to put your iOS device on airplane mode or restart it.
- The next biggest reason because of which most of the users face the issue of iMessage not working is the setup. Numerous users are unable to set up iMessage correctly, because of which they face not working error with this application.
If you are using an iPhone, then you should check if there is a tick besides starting a new conversation. With this method, you would be able to solve your issue by setting up an iMessage app.
- Sometimes iMessage app stops working when the message box gets filled with numerous messages, and if you are also facing the error in your iMessage app, then you should try to delete some messages. With the help of this tip, you would surely be able to bring back your iMessage app on track.
- If your iOS version is not updated, then again you can face iMessage not working error. For solving this error, you would have to check for the latest iOS version that you can check from the Software Update section under the General section.
Although there are many more such ways with the help of which you can fix iMessage not working error, but above-listed are some of the most important ones.